Effective Date: May 08, 2019
Please Read Carefully.
- Cookies Policy
- Contact Us
Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.
When you visit this Site, your device is automatically providing information to us, so we can respond and tailor a response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means may vary, but generally includes technical information about your computer, such as your IP address or other device identifier. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with our Site. That information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data, and other information about activity on our Site.
Automated Information can be collected in the following ways:
- Web Browser. When you visit our Sit, your browser automatically sends us your Internet protocol (“IP”) address so that the web pages you request can be sent to your computer or device. We use your IP address to determine additional information, such as whether the computer or device has ever been used to visit our Site before, which features were used the most often, and how much time was spent on a page.
- Web Beacons and Log Files. We use “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags and tracking pixels) on our website. These web beacons allow us and third parties to collect information such as the IP address of the device, the URL of the web page, the time the page was viewed, the type of browser used, and any additional information in cookies that may have been set by the third party. The information is typically collected in log files, which generally track traffic on our websites. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including the management of our online advertising by establishing which ads brought users to our websites. The information also is used for analytical purposes and to manage technical issues that may arise. We do not attempt to identify individual users through this information.
- Location Data. If you access our Site using a mobile device, we will collect your physical location if you have enabled this feature. Even if you are not using a mobile device, information about your general location may be discernible from your device’s IP address or the URLs we receive.
We have several areas in this Site where you can submit personal and other information to us. The types of personal information we may obtain, or you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- Your professional information (such as job title, department and name of organization, property type, contact type)
- Account information
- Subscription details
- Username and password
- Content you provide (such as job and education history, comments, responses to questions)
- Geo-location data
- Information about your use of our website. For more information, see our Cookies Policy
Communications with You – Offerings and Services in Which You Expressed Interest
When you visit our Site, you may be required to register with us or be requested to provide us with personal and address information. When you provide us with this information, we may use such information to contact you about the offerings or services in which you have expressed an interest. J. Beard has a legitimate business interest to use the personal information we collect from you if you apply for employment or engage in a contractual business relationship with J. Beard. Where we have relied on your consent, if you tell us that you do not want us to use this information as a basis for further contact with you (by accessing our opt-out procedure described below), we will respect your wishes.
Communications with You – Newsletters and Marketing Purposes:
To keep our users informed about our latest news, products and services, we may, subject to applicable law, send e-mails and marketing communications to the email address that you provided to us while registering on our Site or requesting information from us. Please be aware that we do sometimes send marketing communications that promote a third party’s products and services (for example, those of our business partners) as well as our own. If you elected to opt–in to any of our email lists, newsletters or other promotional offerings and later decide that you no longer wish to receive such newsletters or promotional e-mail from us, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in each email we send to you (or use the opt-out procedure described below).
We may also use the personal information we obtain about you for the following purposes:
- Creating and managing any accounts you may have with us and respond to your inquiries
- Evaluating your interest in employment and contacting you regarding possible employment with J. Beard;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, and any other digital assets);
- Anonymizing personal information and preparing and furnishing aggregated data reports showing anonymized information;
- Enforcing our Terms and Services or other legal rights;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over J. Beard.
If you object to us using the information in other ways you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Usage:
We may purchase marketing data from third parties and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested. We may also associate this marketing data to the personally identifiable information that you provide to us.
We may share your personal information with companies acting as our authorized agents in providing our services (e.g., customer/support services) to you, all of which agree to use your information only for such specified purposes. Each vendor must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Where we share your personal information for our legitimate interests you can may be able to object to this disclosure. Please be aware that when you object to disclosure of your personal information for J. Beard’s legitimate interests it may affect the services we provide to you. More information on Your Rights are listed below.
Legally Compelled Disclosure:
We will also disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement agency’s requirements, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (whether intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
Independent Recourse of Privacy Shield Complaints
In compliance with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles, J. Beard commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU, United Kingdom and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact J. Beard at: email@example.com
J.Beard endeavors to protect the security of your personal information and your choices for its intended use. We store your personal information on a secure server, and use procedures designed to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Although we will take (and require our third-party providers to take) commercially reasonable security precautions regarding your personal information collected from and stored on the Site, due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
When you register on this Site, we may ask you to select whether you would like to receive email and electronic communications from us such as offers, news, reports and other promotional communications. You may withdraw your consent or opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting us as described below. We are also improving this Site with a privacy preferences page, so you can control what communications you want to receive from us.
You may contact us: (a) by telephone, at +1 281 367 2220; (b) by following the Opt-Out or unsubscribe instruction contained in the body of any marketing e-mail from us; (c) by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of the e-mail you have received and by typing “Remove” in the subject line of your e-mail; or (d) by mail, The J.Beard Real Estate Company, LP, 10077 Grogan’s Mill Rd. Suite 135 The Woodlands, TX 77380. Attention: President, Data Privacy.
Your election not to receive newsletters or promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not: (i) preclude us from corresponding with you, by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us, and (ii) preclude us, including our employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, from accessing and viewing your personal information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site.
Objecting to or Unsubscribing from Direct Marketing:
You may unsubscribe from or object to receiving direct marketing from us; or request correction or object to our processing your personal information collected by this Site by sending a written request to (a) email@example.com or (b) firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, where we process your personal information for our legitimate interests you will have the right to object to such processing. Please be aware that where you object to this sort of processing it may affect our ability to carry out tasks as listed in this policy.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Information and Other Rights:
You may also request to review, access, correct, delete, port or object to our processing your personal information processed by us by making a request on this Site or by submitting your request to email@example.com.
What is a Cookie: A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your personal computer, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly. A cookie contains the name of the server it came from, the expiry of the cookie, and a value – usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies do not give access to nor damage your computer.
- We use browser session cookies, which are temporary cookies that are erased from your device’s memory when you close your Internet browser or turn your computer off, and persistent cookies, which are stored on your device until they expire, unless you delete them before that time. We group browser cookies on our site into three categories, which you can manage through our Cookie Preference Manager:
- Required cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of this site to function, such as identifying you as a valid user, ensuring that no one else can sign on simultaneously with your account from another computer and helping us serve you better based on your registration preferences. These cookies also allow you to select your cookie preferences.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site. For example, providing us information about how our site is used and helping us facilitate any promotions or surveys that we provide.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our site.
Cookies Are Not Used to Store Sensitive Data:
The cookies we use do not store sensitive personal information, such as your address, your password, or your credit card data.
If you would like more information about the third-party cookies on our website and to find out more about your choice to not have your information used by third parties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Your Cookie Preferences
Cookie Preference Manager:
You may restrict, block or delete the cookies from this Site at any time by changing the configuration of your browser. You can find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies, at: www.allaboutcookies.org. In addition, while each browser has different settings and configurations, cookies settings can typically be adjusted in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu. Your browser’s “Help” menu may provide additional information.
You may contact us by emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at The J. Beard Real Estate Company, LP, 10077 Grogan’s Mill Rd. Suite 135 The Woodlands, TX 77380. Attention: President, Data Privacy.